The new layout is live!
I think I got all the main code that needs to be updated for readability, and I'll keep making tweaks to the rest. If you spot anything that could use an improvement, drop me a note!
Stuff still to do:
- Main page header images. For now, I put in a quick fix to invert the images, which is why they appear white. I'll look into updating them though.
- Main page sub-header styles.
- Chat fixes. The chat room's night/day view options are now both black, so that's useless. Will need to get around to implementing display options.
- Tabber tabs look kinda funny.
- Manga navigation box image. The death note image is hard to see, maybe find a new image.
- Site needs like 100% more silhouettes of Ryuk flying.
Let me know if something doesn't work (and what browser you use), and I'll check it out.Read more >
By making use of the user-specific CSS customization available by editing User:[username]/custom.css, I've begun working on creating style themes for the new infobox markup. I've been playing with a few ideas and styles, which I'm putting up here for previewing.
As mentioned before, I can style the new infoboxes to look like the classic ones currently in use. If we're interested in a seamless, unnoticeable transition, this is an option.
Another option is that we can make some changes. The more I consider the possibilities and look through other documentation and designs, the more I'm inspired to update our infobox design.
Below is a preview/comparison of the templates. The first image contains side-by-side comparisons of the human template. T…
Read more >
I've mentioned before that I'm in favor of migrating to the new infobox markup, called portable infoboxes. They have some neat features, like groups and collapsible sections, and they should display correctly across multiple devices. (If you've tried to view a page here on your smartphone lately, you'll know what I'm talking about.) You can read more about them here. I've made one infobox for testing, which is currently in use on the Death Note (TV drama) page.
The wiki already has a nice color theme and setup going with the existing templates, and I'd like to preserve that. Styling the new infoboxes will require an admin to do it in the community's CSS code, which you can read more about here. Today, I used Chrome to mess with the CSS of t…Read more >